Life's a Bitch.
Today I want to talk about why life is a bitch. As much as I love my blog to be all "shiny, happy people", recently I have felt shitty, uninspired and emotional. Today I'm feeling less "makeover" and more "make sense of why you feel like crap". So here's me, holding up the mirror to my life in an attempt to make sense of why I just fugly cried into my porridge...
- I'm feeling ill and under the weather and I have mouth ulcers the size of space ships invading my gums and tonsils.
- I'm getting over a stomach bug that made me SO bloated that I looked like I was about to give birth to triplets.
- Last week work was stressful as hell...
- ...And being stuck in the office by myself was lonely.
- I miss my uni/London friends a lot.
- The thought of having a desk job until I die fills me with dread.
- I'm not feeling body confident due to illness, bad roots, eyebags and not enough gym sessions.
- My boyfriend's stress is rubbing off on me, but I still want to be the caring, listening girlfriend.
- I'm tormenting myself about not knowing what I wanna do as a career yet.
- Living at home makes me feel rubbish but I'm keen to save money for a flat/travelling.
Seeing these things written down, I can understand why a culmination of stress and emotion has come bubbling up to the surface. You grin and bare life until BAM. You're run down. And then BAM. You're ugling crying in your kitchen. The only conclusion I can logically draw is that adult life is a little bitch.
Generally I'm an optimistic and happy person, so I find it hard to recognise and accept when I feel stressed and shitty. I like to be productive and see people and do things. And I forget that we all have totally shit times and that's normal. Sometimes, you need to stop being there for everyone else and just be there for yourself. Recognise when you need to recharge the batteries and have an ugly cry to make yourself feel better.
L I F E I S A B I T C H. But you'll deal with it - you always do.