My Lippy Collection: Swatches
I am a woman obsessed with lipstick.
Often getting complimented at work or by friends, I'm a true believer that a good lippy can see you through the darkest of days, and I'll often be seen sporting a wide array of bold, beautiful tones. Your lip shade can make or break your outfit, make your eyes pop or enhance that perfect pout.
Iconic, seductive, classic. Lipstick is every woman's secret weapon. Seeing as I always love reading these sorts of posts I thought i'd create one of my own. Today I got rather mucky, digging through my hoard of lovely lipsticks and getting up to my elbows in swatches!
It was a great chance to try out some new purchases and rediscover some old favourites, though my eyes were well and truly opened to my lipstick obsession...
Purple/ Plum Shades
From left to right: 1. NYX soft matte lip cream - Transylvania 2. NYX soft matte lip cream - Copenhagen 3. Topshop - Depth 4. Topshop - Role Model 5. Kate Moss for Rimmel London - 04 6. Sleek Truecolour matte lipstick - Exxxagerate 7. Sleek Truecolour matte lipstick - Mystic 8. Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics lip tar - Strumpet 9. Maxfactor lipfinity 24 hrs lip colour - 108 Frivolous 10. Barry M - 129.
When it comes to deep purple shades I'm all about matte looks. Using a decent lipliner is a must (I'm a fan of Mac personally) - not only to make your lips appear bigger, but also to prevent the colour from bleeding-out. (When you're dealing with the likes of NYX's Transylvania and Topshop's Depth, you want those babies to stay put.)
The two Sleek colours (Exxxagerate & Mystic) are old favourites that I always reach for and I often get complimented on them. They're gorgeously pigmented and stay put for hours - (i'm a lazy lipstick wearer and hate reapplying every five mins, so this is a definite perk). Both of these shades are striking but not too gothic, though you'll need to buff/moisturise your lips before applying.
From left to right:
- Barbara Daly (at Tesco) - Diva
- Sleek True Colour Lipstick Sheen - Vixen
- Rimmel London Apocalips - 400 Big Bang
- No 7. Moisture Drench - Glam
- Kate Moss for Rimmel London - 107
- NYX Matte Lipstick - Perfect Red
- Mac - Relentlessly Red
- Mac - Lady Danger
- Sephora Extreme Liquid Lipstick - Outrageous Rouge 06
- NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream - Monte Carlo
- Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet - Grand Cru
- Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet - Hot Pepper
Hot Pepper by Bourjois is one of my fave go-to reds day-to-day and it's so long-lasting without being drying on the lips. Mac's Lady Danger is also a firm favourite - a beautiful orangey-red that looks great with a tan and cat-flick eyeliner. In regards to naughty new purchases, I'm absolutely loving NYX's soft matte lip cream in Monte Carlo as it makes my teeth look beautifully white due to its blue undertones. Last but not least Sephora's Outrageous Rouge is sensationally pigmented and long-wearing for a bold impact, high-gloss look. Pink / Nude Shades
From left to right:
- Loréal Paris Glam Shine - 05 Mercury Crystal
- No.7 Moisture Drench - Cameo
- Gosh - 134 Darling
- Barry M - Sadly the shade number wore off but I think it's shade 52!
- Barry M - Shade 153
- Laura Mercier - Rose
- Kate Moss for Rimmel London - 03
- Loréal Paris Natural Blondes - 235 Nude
- & Other Stories - Imperial Carmine
- Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet - Don't Pink of it! 10
- Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet - Nude-ist 07
- Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet - Olé-flamingo! 05
- NYX Matte Lipstick - Natural
- NYX Matte Lipstick - Shocking Pink
- Topshop - Whimsical
- Topshop - Innocent
- Mac - Pink Plaid
- Mac - Steady Going
My go-to nude is Loréal's 235 nude which looks so stunning with a smoky eye - it neither washes me out or looks too brown (pale gals rejoice!) NYX shocking pink is an INSANELY pigmented colour and great for a fun party or night out with the girls! I'm eager to start wearing my new MAC, Topshop and Bourjois shades which have all been recent purchases (I need to stop buying makeup...)
Hope you enjoyed reading this post and having a look at my lipstick collection
p.s. check out the recent review I did of the Laura Mercier Contour Palette here.